Kristina Podnar (you can see her web site at http://www.nativetrust.com/) recently sent out a tweet which said: “Just because you say governance to me 5 times in a sentence, won’t make me believe you have it!”
Kristina made me reflect on this quote:
- what does project management governance mean to people I come across?
- is there an overall governance approach that companies are taking?
- do companies that have governance processes actually stick to them?
- project risks – are these clearly documented and how many relate to poor governance issues?
- why do projects still go over time and budget if there is good governance?
- are there examples around that we can point to as good governance?
- who sets the governance standards and who monitors them?
As the song title suggests; there are more questions than answers.
Well done Kristina for such a thought provoking quote!