Last week I gave you my reflections on writing 400 blogs. I met someone who read the article and she asked me which blogs were my top 10 (in no particular order). I suggested a few and then thought: I’m not too sure about this. So, after a bit of research here they are. They are linked to the original blog.
1. We need more sex in project management – Do people switch off because project management seems boring? What are your experiences?
2. How to say no without saying no – How good project management tools, governance and people skills help you to say no when you have to.
3. Your first project – 8 steps to help you succeed in your first project.
4. Project managers need to cope with uncertainty. What are your ideas? – How do you deal with uncertainties in your projects?
5. What are your project management reporting standards? – Looking at research that shows inconsistency in reporting and its effects.
6. Are people skills the final project management frontier? – How soft skills are needed in projects, but little or no training is given.
7. Let’s bring back the real meaning of ‘deadline’ in projects…. – The impact that failing to meet a deadline has on project success, and simple tips to help you manage deadlines.
8. How good is your project planning? – Looking at how you ensure you cover the capacity and capability bases in projects.
9. Steering groups – do they add any value? – How effective are steering groups in moving the project forward? – What value do they bring to the overall project?
10. We’ll learn from that – but will you & will the company? – How do you ensure that “lessons learned” are not mistakes that you repeat.
These are my top 10. Which are your favourites? You have just over 400 to choose from!
Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net Stuart Miles 1000916664