Last week, I wrote that success rates in projects are improving. The posting was based on the PMI Pulse of the Profession Report, 2017. This report is a mine of information and one aspect caught my eye on page 28 of this 29 page report. It asked the question:
“Do you believe that your organization fully understands the value of project management?” The question was asked of 510 PMO Directors. The results are shown below:
As you can see, 54% believe that the answer is yes and 46% believe the answer to be no.
While it is good that there are more positive results than negative I am left wondering:
- if they asked project managers and project sponsors what would the results be?
- what are the PMO Directors doing to ensure others fully understand the value of project management ?
- what are we (anyone engaged in project management ) doing to show that project management adds real value to companies
- what do we need to do to engage more with senior executives and staff to show the real value of project management?
- are we focussing on benefits management?
- how can we improve on the 54%?
There are so many questions that could be asked with lots of answers. So, what is your question and your answer?
Picture courtesy of Outi- Maaria Palo -oja – Google Images (Labelled for use with modifications)